Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NTLDR?

• Please log in to reply

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Alright well i dont post that often unless i really cant figure out what the [bleep] i'm doing so here goes...... theres a buch of computers in my house one of which is completly inhabited by youngsters so natually its completed filled with viruses and such, so anyway ive reformated this computer a few times and tonight i did it again and ive gottin this error
ntldr missing
ctr+alt+del to restart,
so i just have no idea what to do
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Edited by punkrocker19, 14 November 2005 - 12:09 AM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hi

This often happens on a hard drive that is dieing. The file NTLDR it needed as you might have guess for Windows XP to start up. When it gets corrupt your get "NTLDR" is missing. The fact that you have formatted a few times and that has not fixed any thing, makes it very clear that this is hard drive related. Besides saying get a new hard drive I can't do much.

If you do have "youngsters" on a computer all the time besides installing all the protective software try making a limited account for them to use and keeping that administrative account password protected, that way it is harder a viruses, spyware etc. to get in. Also they can't install anything......

punkrocker19

punkrocker19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
well i actually found out it was in my bios and its trying to boot from my harddrive rather then cd, but hey thanks for the reply:)