Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero dies

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Eddie was found dead in his hotel room today. No word yet on why or how. They plan to do an autopsy. No, this is NOT a WWE stunt, either. I grew up watching Eddie. Don't ask. Really...

Full Story

MINNEAPOLIS - A World Wrestling Entertainment star was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE show.

Eduardo Gory Guerrero, 38, didn’t respond to a wake-up call Sunday morning, authorities said. His nephew, fellow WWE wrestler Chavo Guerrero, and hotel security at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center forced their way into the room and found him.

There were no apparent signs of foul play, police said. An autopsy was planned to determine how Guerrero died.

His nephew said Guerrero was open about past drug and alcohol abuse but had been sober for four years. Guerrero was married and had three children.

“This is a huge loss,” said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. “Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer.”

Advertisements

!Scmucked!

!Scmucked!

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Katables,

I was stunned at the announcement Monday,One of my favs form the Nitro bunch.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
They said he died because of heart failure. With all the exercise he did and the narrow veins it was bound to happen.

I was never a big fan of WWE, heck I never even watched it, but its sad when a person liked that much dies.

Rest in peace Eddie.

Edited by Comrade General, 17 November 2005 - 07:42 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
From wwe.com....Eddies' wife discusses the cause of death:

"It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard. "

Eddie had been drug free for four years. Just goes to show you what the drugs can and will do to your body....even once you stop. The damage is already done.

Rest in peace, Eddie. God Speed. :tazz:

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Well, I've never been a fan to Eddie Guerrero but I've always liked WWE. And that's saddening Eddie died because he really was a good wrestler (and a champion). He had many many many fans and I can't even think how his wife takes this :tazz:

R.I.P Eddie

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
There were times when I cursed Eddie and his attitude...just like every other fan did. It was all part of the show. But the things I've read over the years about the type of MAN he was...outside the ring....the world lost a good, caring man when Eddie died.