Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connections

• Please log in to reply

salgoud

salgoud

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Using windows XP Professional. IP confirms that I am connected, but no page can be displayed. IP says it could be browser or anti virus problems. I dont have any anti virus software on computer. Be grateful if someone could give me some info on how to sort things out. Computing very new to me, so some nice easily understood instructions would help.

Many thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. Your problem poses more questions to ask you in order to try to help. First, are you running WXP with SP2? If you don't know, go to start, my computer, right click properies. The general tab will tell you. What browser are you trying to use? Can you ping your ISP and can they ping your computer? Not running anti virus? Not a good idea. You need a good anti virus and a good firewall to protect your computer. Personally, I use Norton Anti Virus and Zone Alarm (free firewall). There are others out there. Answer these questions and lets see what we can do.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also can you report the results of start > run > cmd > ipconfig /all