Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Msn related problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hey, a trusted (sisters) friend sent me a link the other day, and I though, hmmmm I don’t know what it is, but it seems pretty harmless, so I clicked it, and it sent something to my desktop, I clicked on it like, What the...!!! But it disappeared!! Then my msn started closing itself, and msn 7.0 would sign me in then out saying "you have been signed in somewhere else - click here to sign in again" and I was like "AHHH"

So then I restarted and unplugged myself from internet (just incase it was hacking) then did a CWShredder scan, a CleanUp scan, and an AD-ware scan, CleanUp deleted almost 300mb of stuff I think, and then i did and AVG scan, which like the REST of my scans returned nothing, however, my ewido refused to load up now (even after reinstall) and my TrojanHunter has "expired it validation period" so i cant use that...

well anyway, I thought oh, must have gone when I restarted, I tried to do system restore… But no restore points where there (i installed a pc game within a month ago though...)

Then i found out today, that whenever I sign into msn I send a message to ALL my online contacts without me even knowing!! It says… (from my msn logs)

| Session Start: 12 November 2005
| Participants:
| Tom (Tom12345@hotmail.com)
| Dave (David12345@hotmail.com)
[19:58:57] Tom says: is this you?

so when i found that out i was like that's it ill come on here and post a HijackThis log to find out what the problem is, BUT when i opened "MyDocuments\HijackThis!" all my desktop icons and taskbar disappear, and then i can only see my desktop background for about 5secs, reappers everything is still there except the hijack this fodler where my copy of hijackthis is stored.....

any help please??

Edited by M4d$k1llz, 14 November 2005 - 11:21 AM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
And herein lies the lesson. Never open anything that you don't know what it does.

You are the proud owner of a virus.

Reboot into safe mode and you shoudl be able to fire up HiJack This in there.