Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrade problems

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
well i went and looked at there drivers.. but i don't have any floppys that are big enough to hold most of thier driver.. i do have a cd burner but for some reason i can use it to put stuff on my computer but i can not use it to burn cd because it doesn't have the program or driver i have no idea how to make it work i have tryed downloading nero and i have tryed other programs but all it says is that the f: drive is not ready or that i need to put a cd in when there is one in there. i have used cd-r and dvd-r's i think the program i am missing is( hprecord now )i have a hewlett packard cd writer plus and i went to their site but i did not see a driver or program. could u please help me with this then i will beable to download the drivers. the floppys i have are only 1.44 mb and it would take a lot of them to download even one of the drivers

Edited by ambmy9, 15 November 2005 - 04:37 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You only need to get the drivers for the modem on a floppy, in case windows doesn't pick it up and install it. The other drivers you can get when the modem is working just by going to the site.

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
o so i don't have to do the network drivers can i wait for them

D3_Kamikaze

D3_Kamikaze

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Well, you need them now if you want internet acess to get the other drivers :| I dont know if networking AND modem drivers are needed, put both on a floppy just in case maybe?

-Kami

ambmy9

ambmy9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ya i was thinking of doing it just in case