Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very strange printer problems

• Please log in to reply

Suitcase Nuke

Suitcase Nuke

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Excuse my ignorance. Computers aren't exactly my thing. <_<
So I try to print something on my Lexmark. It seems like the printer gets the signal
to print, it starts making the printing noise and everything.When it's finished "printing", I discover there aren't any words on the paper.Then I tryed my Canon, the same thing happened. I know both printers are not completely out of ink. Thinking it was some kind of problem directly related to the computer, I try both printers on a different computer and the same thing happens.

What's wrong? Is it the cable? Help me please!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If these are inkjet printers and haven't been used for a while, it's possible for the ink head to dry out, preventing it from printing, even though they have ink. Try cleaning the print head. There should be a cleaning option in your printer setup menu.

Suitcase Nuke

Suitcase Nuke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I went into catridge maintenace and clicked on "clean print nozzles" and it's still not printing anything. <_<