Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem connecting to sites

• Please log in to reply

Metus

Metus

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've run into a problem with my browers. I can get to most sites just fine, but there are a few that I cannot reach. For instance. I cannot reach Amazon.com, Ebay.com, or Paypal.com. I can get to buy.ebay.com, but not to www.ebay.com. I thought that it may have been a problem connecting with secure sites, but I can still get to my bank account online.

If I run tracert on www.amazon.com, the packet makes one jump to localhost [127.0.0.1]. I can run a tracert on amazon.com and it will make 13 jumps before timing out at:
sl-st20-ash-12-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.19.240]

Tracert on ebay.com, www.ebay.com, paypal.com, and www.paypal.com all result in a one jump return to 127.0.0.1.

So I'm not sure if I've been infected with something, or what. Any ideas?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this problem persists across IE and Firefox, both fully updated.

Edited by Metus, 14 November 2005 - 05:08 PM.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Looks like you could possibly have a malware infection.

You Must Read Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Please Post A HijackThis Log In The Malware Forum

If You Dont Know What HijackThis Is and Dont Know How To Use It Please See Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Please Follow All The Steps Carefully and Start Your Own Topic So That An Expert Can Come Along And Help You Out.

:tazz: Good Luck :)