Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting to Neverwinter Nights

• Please log in to reply

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I am an avid Neverwinter Nights fan (although a rather inexperienced player :))
There are several persistent worlds that I visit quite regularly by direct connecting via GameSpy.
Here's my problem:
ONE of the worlds consistently shows that the server is Unavailable, even though I know it's online (I'm friends with the PW Admin of the world) - the ONLY way for me to connect to this server is when SOMEBODY ELSE is online - I'm able to connect with no problem. If nobody else is in, I get the "timed out" error. Here's where I get confused: NOBODY else has this problem! Other players can connect at will, regardless of whether anyone else is online. The server owner cannot figure this out - and together we've tried a number of things to correct the problem, to no avail. He's at the point where he's suggesting I reinstall NWN, but I'm not ready to do that just yet!

We've tried direct connecting using the world name AND the IP address (with and without specifying ports).

This problem DOES NOT happen in any other world I visit, both those that require a password and those that are open.

Can anybody help or suggest a fix?
Is it GameSpy-related?
Is it my computer/router/neverwinter settings?
or is it, as I suspect.....a screwup in the server at the other end?

Thanks for your help! :tazz:

Edited by The Architect, 15 November 2005 - 08:42 AM.

Advertisements

TheNight

TheNight

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well that's a bit of a tickle, i've been using Neverwinter Nights online for quite some time now and never come aross a problem i'll ask around and see if i can get a result for you :tazz:

The Architect

The Architect

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Excellent! I'd appreciate it!