Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCI-Express Video Power

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Fairly sure it has three but my fnas connect to a molex so i cant be sure its a while since i looked closely and they are hard to see without the case open. The manual tells you, always a good idea to get the manual of any mobo you are thinking of getting. Alot of fans connect straight to the psu though through a molex(good and bad thing more cooling but more noise and less control). If its a problem the best idea is usually to get a fan controller as they are easier to use than the motherboards fan controls and they arent expensive(look good as well).

I do like the lanboy as a case i havent had any bother with it and its very solidly built as well as being the lightest case ive ever had. And it has two 120mm which is all you need, you can easily add a side fan but with two 120mms it would be uneeded and just make it more noisy.

Advertisements

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
yeah sure, the LAnBoy seems quite good, like you said it has two 120mm fans which is enough, the TX1050B with it's 80mm and 92mm fans would just add noise

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I've been looking at a review and i think the Scythe Ninja is better at performance than the Zalman CNPS9500 and i can always add a 120mm fan onto it, with another 120mm fan from the Lanboy, it should be ok, some reviews were complaining that the Zalman CNPS9500 wasn't able to keep the quiteness down when the hardware was really working but hey, then again, they were running a 4.06GHz OC'ed Prescott P4? Which HSF for the CPU? How does a fan connect with a molex?

Edited by Hammm, 16 February 2006 - 11:30 PM.