Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to Remove a annoying Virus clled " PSGuard"

• Please log in to reply

nikki22

nikki22

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:tazz: this anoying virus, made me format ny computer before i could actually erased that viruse out of my system. and to all....."all my files with it" it didn't give me a chance to even copy my files........ :)

sad...sad...sad...

Now I'm readying my self if a time like this will happen again to me and it even may happen to you....

this virus makes your computer restart over and over for more than 5 times after your start up..

after it gives you time and you have already notice it...
you will use a antiviruse.. as always ..this viruse knows that your using it so it will do, he will restart your computer again and you cannot catch it, quarantine, nor delete because as i have experience this virus can sence when your getting to him and will restart over and over again.....

I already tried safe mode.... tried erasing the whole document thingy....
it did not work I tried installing a new XP :) secret I have discovered a secret......
(without erasing the old one)

i tried to erase the whole system...........
did not work

the last thing i could think of is formatting...
i have succeded in deleting the virus.....

I'm asking for a more easy way in killing this virus....
not formating my hardisk please....

Thanks for your help

sory if my english is a little bit to .... you know ....hehehe

Advertisements

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
You should post in the malware support forum, but anyway this is what i think you should do.

PSGuard is some kind of malware. The best thing you can do to protect against that kind of software is installing a good Antivirus and an spyware remover.
I have had Avast! and Ad-aware for a long time and no virus or malware got into my computer.
Also, i you have DSL or Cable you should also consider installing a firewall.

nikki22

nikki22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks for your suggestion

I am also using Ad aware.....Ad watch.......weekly updated norton antivirus

but still it got through my computer....

anyway thanks for trying....

Nicolas