Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Many problems

• Please log in to reply

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
yup the complete error was

Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000017 (0x00000000, 0x0000000) The system has been shut down

But it only came once then everything is normal i dont c ny BSOD now .So what u think cud be the problem is its not overheating & power suppy?

:tazz:

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
You're probably gonna have to do something a bit complicated, so I'll leave that to dsenette. :tazz: I don't have much experience with dealing with BSODs.

If you want to go off on a tangent and look to see if it might be something other than the BSOD, then you can do the following:

Start SpeedFan. At the top, click on the S.M.A.R.T tab. Take a screen shot of that and post it for me.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 16 November 2005 - 10:02 AM.

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
heres the smart .But i dont think its related to hdd but when it hangs i get "click" sound maybe frm hdd .Also wud u like to tell me why my cpu speed shows 1800+ but it is 2400+. thnxuntitled2.JPG

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Uh-oh. It looks like your hard drive is having problems. I think that's the cause of all problems, but I'll wait to see what dsenette thinks.

As for your CPU being reported incorrectly, i have no idea. I have the same problem with an old laptop I just got from my English teacher. The closest thing I can figure is it's a problem with the sensor.

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hard drive :tazz: good lord save me :) But how u came to tht conclusion . ok waiting for dsenette help man

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
There is a red sign next to Spin Up time. And the value of Spin Up Time is extremely low. This means your computer is having troubles getting the hard drive to spin. So it is possible that this is causing it to hang or even restart when it can't get the hard drive to spin. Before we go and replace the hard drive, let's wait for dsenette. But you may want to start backing up important data, just in case.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that sound's like a valid diagnosis computerwiz...if the machine can't get the drive to spin up..it can't read the info..if it can't read the info, it's gonna crap out...there's only so much that ram can do....i would start backing up anything important immediately....as we do not know what would be causing the spin up problem it may die at any time...

as far as the system reading the wrong processor..it may be a sensor issue, or it could somehow be related to the drive issue (though unlikely)...but it's probably either a bios version problem, or a chipset driver.

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
so hdd gonna fail. No other causes right.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
none that seem obvious

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
That's correct. From all the info you've given us, that is the most likely problem, and the only problem. If you continue to have problems, we'll be here for ya. :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i wouldn't say it's the only problem...but it's currently the most obvioius (and most critical) problem that i can see....

rohit

rohit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ok so the check list

1. Power supply ...ok.
2.Overheating problem....No
3.O.S. problem.....No.
4.Hdd problem...Yes :tazz:

Thnx for help I appreciate it