Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2003 - Contacts

• Please log in to reply

ckjhalpin

ckjhalpin

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

We have Windows 2003 Server and all PC run Windows XP, today 2 colleagues told me that when they create a new message, and go to 'To:' and click on Contacts an error message comes up:-

The address list could not be displayed. An unsupported restriction was passed into an IMAPITable method.

Then:-

Unable to complete the operation. A fatal error has occured in Outlook.

Then Outllook crashes and I have to stop the application and go into it again.

You can view the Contacts if select the tab on the left. Also when you creat a new message and type a letter in the 'To:' box the auto text comes up with the address.

Do you know what might be causing this?

Many thanks for your help!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i'm doing some research...but it seems to be that IMAPITable (being the only portion of that error string that i can find on microsoft's website) is relating directly to the inner workings of exchange 2003's database system

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
can't find much usefull on the internet for you....try reinstalling outlook on the offending machines