Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Background colours in Firefox/explorer/safari problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey evrybody!

Got a small problem:
In my site (teddybp) i have 5 pages...
In explorer the background colour works on all the pages, but in firefox the background colour is white on 3 of the 5 pages!!

its not very pretty, and the html code is right, i think!! :tazz:

please help me :)
And come with comments for the site.. Its on Norwegian, but i think more about the layout!! :)

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
add the # sign in the bgcolor attribute

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Site comments:

Shockingly green, teddys not happy by the look of it :tazz:

Buttons aren't very clear either.

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I don't like the redirection at all, I wanted to look at the teddy bear some more :tazz:

Anyways, the actual page looks quite unfinished. If you have a solid, straight image, it's often a given that you need a border.

I don't like the green you chose for the overall colour scheme, personally I would've gone with either a grey or the yellow-green of the teddy bear, or both. Don't like the green background either, I think a white background would look more professional and cleaner.

The green and white stringy background thing on the header looks aweful, and someone did a very bad job cutting out the teddy bears, I can still see white around the ears.

The rollovers, a very good idea I think, but somehow it looks a lot uglier than it should. Maybe you can have a semi-transparent picture, so you can see the picture but you can still see the teddy bear in the background. That way you don't lose the shape of the bear.

I really love the teddy bear (can't you tell? hehe), thumbs up to whoever designed that, but I think it got ruined some by the webpage design.

I saw this code: onload="MM_preloadImages('file:///Macintosh HD/Users/Ellingsen/Ny layout/..." are you sure you want to use file:/// ?? That doesn't seem right...

You have some minor mistakes in coding, you can see them here http://validator.w3....hovedsiden.html