Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Limited or no Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I posted to slow... Looks like Johanna already got ya :tazz:

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys, I think this is a little more than just disabled/messed up network settings, fixing them and you're sorted.

I got hit with a plethora of malware about 2 weeks ago. I removed it all* and am 99% sure that there's nothing lurking ont he machine still.

But, I'm plagued by this 'limited network' issue. To eliminate the DSL modem, I cranked up another machine on the network and it had issues as well and I'm 110% sure this machine is clean (hasn't been on the interweb since a clean install 4 months ago). I stared blaming the DSL modem then - maybe it's fecked.

Does anyone know about anything nasty that could do bad things to DSL modems/routers? I'm a bit stumped at the minute. I was just about to do a full re-install, but given that the other PC had the sames issues, I'm a bit reluctant. Any help, of any kind, greatly appreciated...

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
call your dsl provider to come and check your line...and the modem....that will rule that end out.