Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What basically is java 2?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

Ive got a few questions about java 2...

1) What is java 2?

2) Is javascript totally different to java 2?

3) How do you create java 2 applets?

4) Can you create games with java 2?

5) Can you link java 2 to a mysql database?

6) What kind of things can you make with java 2?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
1) What is java 2?

java is a programming language, similar to C++. started as the green project or something, made with ease of use for the programmer in mind and lacks many of the pitfalls that programmers fall into when learning C++. it's fully object orientated and a relatively simple language to learn, so it is the language most people start off with. I'm not sure about the difference between java and java 2, the core language doesn't change much, people just keep adding more and more libraries.

2) Is javascript totally different to java 2?

yes. javascript is a totally different language. java is object orientated, javascript is not, to be completely simple.

3) How do you create java 2 applets?

I actually dont make those right now. but you can, something to do with the java swing and graphics packages

4) Can you create games with java 2?

yes. lots of games on pogo.com are made in java. but it tends to be slow in running large applications

5) Can you link java 2 to a mysql database?

not sure, someone else may be able to tell you

6) What kind of things can you make with java 2?

well anything really. I'm currently making an AI search program to solve an 8-puzzle. fascinating stuff. I'm a student and some people in this school have decided to make a program in java that tests other programs, so it basically grades our programming homework.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Thanks for the reply!

I will look into java 2.

:tazz: