Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows TaskBar

• Please log in to reply

Y2eel

Y2eel

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi.. Ive just removed a virus from my pc re started windows etc and now my task bar IE6 bar are all the windows classic bars. Ive tried to change it in display but it only has classic option.. any help would be great..

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Start -> Run -> type "Services.msc" in and prese enter.

Scroll down, look for "Themes", press Start. If no error, go back to Display Properties and there you go.

Y2eel

Y2eel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
thanks..

still no good when i go to display properties then appearance tab then, when i go to the windows and button scroll it only has windows classic style it should have xp in there aswell shouldnt it?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Y2eel...Welcome to G2G!

Download Resources.zip and extract it to your desktop. Double click the extracted Resources folder, then right click on "Themes" and click "Copy". Now right click on "My Computer" and choose "Explore"...Right click on the "C" drive and choose "Explore"...right click on "Windows" and choose "Explore"...right click on "Resources" and choose "Explore"...right click on "Themes" and choose Delete. Accept the deletion. Now right click and choose Paste. Make sure the Themes folder you just pasted contains the folder "Luna" and the files "Luna" and "Windows Classic". Exit all open windows and reboot.

After restarting, try changing your theme as you normally would.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 15 November 2005 - 07:09 PM.

Y2eel

Y2eel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Got It!! :tazz:

THanks guys for taking your time to help.. :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You are more than welcome Y2eel...Glad we could help! :tazz:

wannabe1