Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

appearance and themes

• Please log in to reply

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
i seriously have no idea wat is wrong! i ran every single cleaner upper in the "do you suspect malware section" i posted a hijack this log.... still waitin on that one. ne ways, i cannot change my screensaver or wallpaper or 16-bit color to install the sims, or nething at all... i tried to right click on desktop and clik "properties", tried to get there from the control panel too, the weird thing is that the "appearance and themes" button is there but when i clik on it the mouse with the sand counter shows up, then nothign happens. i dunno, i got nothing, i dont know wat i couldve done for this to happen. and after i ran the EWIDO scan and rebooted, my appearance changed from windows XP to classic windows, its driving me insane. i mean i thought cleaning out viruses would help, but it made it all worse. :tazz:

*~...:dreamer:...~*

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please continue with this, up to, and including posting an HJT Log in the malware forum

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analasys, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the malware forum, posting them elsewhere will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i already had done that, i ran them all, rebooted adn posted my hijack this log with an ewido log too.
i just posted this post after because i thought the hijack this was more important, but yea i already did all those adn the hijackthis is as current as possible.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry for suggesting something you have already done, but I got the impression that you had run through the list yourself without posting the HJT Log.

It will be better to clean the system before attempting to make changes as the malware will stop most changes being permanent

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
its ok, goodness ur trying to help me, lol. but yea i hope it will eb easier, im still waiting for the hijackthis log to be repleid and i hope that fixes it, but is there anything else hat might help, i mean wat if the hijackthis doesnt work? ok, after i do the hijackthis, will the display box just reappear? :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In the unlikely event that a combination of the malware removal tools are unable to clean a system, the malware team post it in their experts forum for everyone to look at

Run these whenever to keep things in check, you can run the AV and spyware scans, they will run in the background so you can get on with other things

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i use those about every thre days, and thats kol u have expert forums, but how can a virus cause something like ur display to just disappear? :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Virus writers try to cause as much disruption as possible and some things will never change, unfortunately

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ugh, ur rite. ok, but do u think the hijack this will clear it up?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
As I said, it will or the experts will

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
YES YES I AM SO HAPPY!!!! :tazz:

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
so... do u do this for a living or are you a volunteer? i mean u have to have somem kind of esperience to fix the problems people have today

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The experts have PC's which they purposely load viruses and spyware on, then they work out how to remove them, which is what they will do if your PC has things which won't go easily

Everyone here is a volunteer and I suppose it is down to having sat at a PC which won't run, with all the frustration that goes with that, which makes it easy and nice to help people out if you can

crystal.tiger.eyes

crystal.tiger.eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
well i appreciate SOOOO much, ive had this problem for while and i never fixed it uintil now, i hope that doesnt make it even worse
but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :) :tazz: :)