Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[bleep] Viruses, XP and all that's blue :P Addendum....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Havoc302

Havoc302

• Pip
  • 9 posts
http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=78941 - addendum:

First thread got locked.

But firstly to Kat:

Kat, thanks but if you read the whole post you would have realised that it had nothing directly to do with the BF2 code, it was directly in regards to a virus and spyware issue, which wether you like it or not people do go looking for things like game codes and illegal content or simply look for [bleep] which often ends up in the same result of spyware and viruses, so either your here to help people with their computer issues or your not, i doubt your the perfect little angel of all that is software goodyness, i am almost sure from being in the industry that about 90% are not, [bleep] a major anti-virus company that i used to work for that will remain un-named used to after work all jump on one of the work servers and all play FPS games and i can tell you now they didn't have 50-100 licences for each game i am sure of it, and i KNOW they weren't all personal copies, so get real and wake up to the real world, it's a harsh place where people do naughty things and in computing as you probably know, especially gaming, it's just a normal thing in day-to-day life.

Addendum (the useful part to this post):

It appears the reason i could not get past the loading blue screen of windows installation was of all things my USB Key (it was a C-One i-Tiny just incase people have one), with it plugged in it would check it just as it started the installation and then it would halt, odd since there is nothing but documents on it, but they are 1024 encrypted, dunno if that was messing with it or not, but either way the instant i pulled it out and restarted the system the install went fine, i was unable to 'repair' the previous install of windows since for some messed up reason it could not find it, it just simply did not list the install at all, does anyone know how to make it listed again? so i can repair it, i really cannot be screwed reinstalling windows again and then all my stuff from backups, the install i did just to get the system going again so i could do mnore scans on it was a different partition so i can access all the files from the original install, anyone know what i can do to make windows see the install for me to repair it?

BTW thanks for not deleting this post, i thought the info about the USB Key interfering may have been of use to some people

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

But firstly to Kat:

Kat, thanks but if you read the whole post you would have realised that it had nothing directly to do with the BF2 code, it was directly in regards to a virus and spyware issue, which wether you like it or not people do go looking for things like game codes and illegal content or simply look for [bleep] which often ends up in the same result of spyware and viruses, so either your here to help people with their computer issues or your not, i doubt your the perfect little angel of all that is software goodyness, i am almost sure from being in the industry that about 90% are not, [bleep] a major anti-virus company that i used to work for that will remain un-named used to after work all jump on one of the work servers and all play FPS games and i can tell you now they didn't have 50-100 licences for each game i am sure of it, and i KNOW they weren't all personal copies, so get real and wake up to the real world, it's a harsh place where people do naughty things and in computing as you probably know, especially gaming, it's just a normal thing in day-to-day life.

Hello. Yes, I read the whole thread, and so did another Administrator. Irregardless that your problem was not related directly to the fact you were looking for a code...you openly admitted that you were looking for one. We do not offer help on this site to people who have cracked Operating systems, are trying to download or crack programs and games, etc. You can try to convince me that "90%" of people do this all you want, I happen to believe otherwise.
Your post here is way out of line, and offensive. I don't need to "wake up", nor do I need to believe that breaking the law in computing is a "normal thing in day-to-day life". I am giving you a 24 hour posting suspension for being rude. Please use that time to think wisely about how you present yourself if you wish to receive help in the future.