Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem installing/uninstalling Call of Duty 1

• Please log in to reply

KMPrenger

KMPrenger

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey people, heres the deal,
We have a family friend, who while being in his mid 40s and not too computer savvy but still enjoys games, was playin CoD on his new but low end Dell pc a day or so ago. He said for some reason while playing the game, there was also game music playing in the background when it shouldnt have been. So i dont know why exactly, but he unistalled the game (from what he says).

So today he goes to install it again, and it didnt work right. For some reason it seems as if it only installed partially. It will bring up the launch screens but then an error message pops up saying there are missing files. I went to try and help the guy. Thought about trying to uninstall what is there and start over but it wouldnt uninstall either. when trying to uninstall the error message "missing install.LOG file" pops up. So what i did was uninstall the CoD folder and all its contents manually, deleted the Activision folder from the regestry editor, and then after that i could remove CoD from the Add/Remove programs window (cause it said it detected nothing, and lets u just remove the listing.) I couldnt think of anything else that needs to be deleted.

So after all this i thought id pop the CD in, but when the launch screen comes up there is no "install" option, instead there is "uninstall" in its place. So it must think the program is still there right? Also one more thing (sorry this is so long). I went to the My Computer window, opened the explore window so i could see the CoD CD contents. Double clicked the SETUP icon to try and install it this way...it appears to install...but when it asks for the second disk and i put it in...it does nothing! (They installed a new CDRW drive a week ago, but i dont think that is a problem because it works for other disks)

So i told ya the whole story.....anybody out there with any ideas? Thanks a bunch..im sure u are worn out after reading all this. :tazz:

Advertisements

ataco123

ataco123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Cannot find install.log when un-installing call of duty 1 from pc, to get by this and re-install search for COD.INI in the start >> search >> search for files and folders >> , and delete COD.INI Problem Fixed.
:whistling:

ZB