Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Problems PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok so my roomate has a crappy presario with xp pro loaded onto it, and out of nowhere, his mouse decided to stop working, but not just that. Whenever his mouse is connected in its socket, even his keyboard won't work. And i don't believe that it is related to windows as when he has his mouse plugged in, his keyboard will not even respond to enter cmos. This problem is very annoying and is causing some major problems with his schoolwork...please help...thanks

Advertisements

nikki22

nikki22

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:tazz: suggest you claim waranty

since if it is not software related (most likely it is not)
then you have problem with the mother board..........

hope this helps

Nicolas

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok well he is kind of poor (like most college students)..... i thought it might be so, but was hoping somebody out there had a cure-all answer...oh well...he will be using the keyboard onlythen thanks

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Did you substitute another mouse? What has been tried?

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok i figured out the problem....
i had tried my usb mouse on his computer before, but evidently in a bad usb port, cuz i tried it again and my usb mouse worked for him... so i think he is going to get a new optical usb mouse....thanks for all your help, sorry to bother