Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 12

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The first test version is actually a technical beta, which means the release will be strictly controlled for a number of pre-selected testers. The second beta release, due for early in 2006, will be more widely available

While many of the features require a server infrastructure, the next Office would be fully operational as a stand alone product

Advertisements

Arjen De Winter

Arjen De Winter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Sounds like a contradiction to me: "many of the features requires server infrastructure" yet "fully operational as a stand alone product".

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I work for a computer company. I was chosen to test beta 1 and let tell you, WOW! When this hits the public you will really see a difference and like it.

Paulcomputerman

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
paulcomputerman, can you say anything about the new Office, or are you under a NDA right now?

-Ryan