Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't Delete A Folder!

• Please log in to reply

~Blondie~

~Blondie~

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm new to this forum, so hope I'm putting this in the right place ...

Yesterday, I was attempting to "split" an ISO file using Cutter4. Never did this before. So, anyway, followed the onscreen prompts & all "seemed" to be going OK - it made a new folder on my desktop where the split up files would go, things were running, etc. All of a sudden, the whole computer locked up. Couldn't get the task manager up at all. Rebooted the system. Then, tried to access the folder & it wouldn't open -- system locked up again (had the hourglass thingy going); did a reboot. Tried to drag the file to the recyle bin ... system locked; reboot. Next, tried to do a right click on the file (wanted to see what the properties were) ... system locked up again; did a reboot. Did a system restore - folder still on desktop (knew it would be). Restored back to the point I was at. Have tried using Delete FXP files and GiPo@MoveOnBoot -- could not open the folder to get at the files (if there are any files in there). So, once again -- system locked up (with the hourglass thingy); reboot. I have deleted the Cutter4 program from my system. Thought it might be running somewhere trying to split these files (even though I looked through the Task Manager & can't find anything like it running in the background). Tried to get rid of this folder -- again, the same scenario.

I did a virus scan on the ISO file before I tried to split it & all was fine. And, today I tried to download something using FlashGet. Well, it's setup to send all downloads to C:\downloads. I tried to change it so the download would go to my desktop - everything locked up again! This has never happened before, so I'm assuming that the rotten folder is causing this to happen.

Please, I really need help!

~Blondie~

Advertisements

~Blondie~

~Blondie~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Never mind! I finally got rid of that folder! What a pain in the butt!

~Blondie~