Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please help this poor lost 'n00b'

• Please log in to reply

TheRomingRoman

TheRomingRoman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Alright.. First one, I have an error that seems to pop up around the times I remember looking at the clock after my system crashed.. It's always the same description:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

..Also says it's in 'Category: (50)' If that helps..

I'll go into safe mode and try the second part now.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i've got a meeting here at work...but when it's done i will do some research on your error

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Did the system ever work properly after you installed the sound blaster card? More on how to trouble shoot this after you answer that question.

I have been thru your Everest report and the only things out of the norm are the temps, all reported temps are a bit high but the cpu temp is very high and could be a problem. With that said let me explain something, I have a KV8 in fact a few Abit boards and all report temps high but the KV8 way high depending what bios I am running, this is a known problem with the KV8 and its been discussed over at the Abits forum's without a solution.

With this in mind I have more questions than answers at this point so please try and answer all questions as best you can.

1 Are you running Ugru its a Abit hardware monitor thats on the cd that came with the motherboard?
2 If so what does it report your cpu temp when ideling for 15 minutes?
3 At the time of the Everest report was the computer at idle (5% cpu usage or less) ?
4 What heat sink do you have and what thermal paste was installed?
5 Is it the stock HS that came with the cpu?

Please try these things and report back,

1 open the case and check for dust clogging the heatsink and if present clean with a can of compressed air.
2 Let the computer idle in bios for 15 minutes and report the temps from there.

Rick