Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Mass Storage Controller" under "Other Devices"

• Please log in to reply

JakeK

JakeK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I got my new gateway laptop I refomatted it complelty with a XP Pro Disc. The laptop has a slot on the side for putting in the type of card's that go into digital cameras. Currently when I put a card in nothing happens so I am assuming that because there are no drivers for my "mass storage controller" that this slot will not work. Gateway has no drivers for it unless I roll back using there restore disk which would put XP pro on my computer. Where can I get these drivers? Thank you.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well if gateway doesn't have them your next step would be to go to the manufacturer of the card reader. you can try everest home edition as it MIGHT be able to id it. Not sure as I've never used it for that type of hardware...

JakeK

JakeK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes I did that and i guess its made by texus instruments but I cant find the driver on their site either...

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Dell Laptop Mass Storage
17th Nov-2005

Hi- Since you have [Everest] Installed - Make a [Quick HTML Reports] And ATTACH to next Post – Use the attach feature to keep post short – Forum truncates all posts to 25 pages – some of these reports are quite long – It will be quicker if you make 3 separate reports and attach to 1 post – Follow this procedure – I will review reports and give you some probable solutions

Report-1: [JakeK1-CPU-1]

1 – Expand [COMPUTER] Folder
2 – Click on [SUMMARY] Folder
3 – On Main Menu – Click on [REPORT] >On pop down menu – Highlight [Quick Report-Summary] >Click on [HTML]
4 – Save to File as [JakeK1-CPU-1] & attach to POST

Report –2: [JakeK1-Mobo-1]

1 – Expand [MOTHERBOARD] Folder
2 – Click on [MOTHERBOARD] Folder
3 – Click [REPORT] >[Quick Report-Motherboard] > [HTML]
4 – Save to File as [JakeK1-Mobo-1] & attach to POST

Report –3 :[ JakeK1 -Devices-1]

1 – Expand [DEVICES] Folder
2 – Click on [DEVICES] Folder
3 – Click [REPORT]>[Quick Report-Devices]> [HTML]
4 – Save as File [JakeK1-Devices-1] & attach to Post

Usually these Memory Card Readers are connected to internal USB on motherboard – The Driver should be located on SP1 –

Additional PC info needed –

1- Is this an UPGRADE from WIN 98
2- Name & MFG of Printer
3- How many USB Devices – List them
4- What [Type] & [MFG] of Memory Card are you trying to read –

EDIT-[Changed from Dell to Gateway] - (18th Nov-2005)

Gateway may not support all Memory Cards– What does your Manual state about this Card Reader -

One more item – Open [Device Manager] & see if you have any [Unknown Devices] and/or any Yellow Warning Signs – Expand USB Host Controller Folder/s & see what is reported for USB Mass Storage Devices –

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 18 November 2005 - 08:43 PM.