Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Creating a new desktop

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I want to make a LCARS computer, if anyone watchs star trek you will know what that means e.g see http://www.lcarscom.net/lcars/

anyways i want my pc to run like that, so i want no start button, i want to basically create my own way to control the pc, including a new way to go through files, play music/videos/games or run progams, just completly not like windows

can this been done and if so how do i do it?

Please help :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some people want the moon on a stick.

You need to make an entire new operating system, basically. Which is basically not going to happen.

I was going to say the nearest thing you'd get to it is a theme but I can't recall if these are supported in Windows 2000 or not.