Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Word

• Please log in to reply

alizagrunt

alizagrunt

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have typed several documents and sent to another person. I have 2000 and she has 2002. When she recieves them the format is different. I have changed my settings to match hers but they still turn out different. The last document I sent had a paragraph at the end of page one and a new paragraph at the top of page two. When she recieved it the two paragraphs were on the bottom of page one with a huge space between the two paragraphs. I need help correcting this and/or figuring out why it is happening.

I hope this all makes sense. Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you use the mail button on the document or attach them to an e-mail

Do they need to be edited by the recipient

alizagrunt

alizagrunt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I attach the document to the email and yes it is being edited by the recipient. It doesn't happen all the time.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do the PC's have the same fonts

alizagrunt

alizagrunt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes, we use the same fonts.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In Word, click file then page set up and change the top margin to 1cm and the bottom one to 2cm then click default, make sure the other PC has these settings also, then keep increasing those by 0.1cm until the format stays the same when you send a document

Click default when you change the margins and also on the other PC

It should not end up so the margins are half way down the page, and you can always adjust these on either PC if you need to print a document

alizagrunt

alizagrunt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks