Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant uninstall panda :(

• Please log in to reply

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I really want to uninstall panda internet security platnium 2005, i have another antivirus but i try everything and i doesnt want to uninstall its driving me crazy, it stopped updating. Could someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee helpe ASAP, i dont want any virus or trojan in my computer, thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What happened when you ran add / remove

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Ok it says its starting the install wizard and then a loading bar starts going and then when its finihs it just disapears and it does nothing

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Panda should have its own uninstaller as well

Download and save WinsockXPFix from here, near top

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

If your new anti-virus and firewall are on a CD then fine, if not, download and save them

Click start then run, type msconfig, press enter then start up, look for and remove ticks from any Panda apps, click apply then reboot

Click start then search, include hidden and system files, search for Panda, send any to the recycle bin, but leave them there, reboot

Click start then run, type msconfig, press enter then put the dot in normal start up, click apply and reboot

Install the new AV and Firewall

Leave the Panda files in the recycle bin for a while

If the internet conection is not any good, run WinsockXPFix

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Everything was going fine until i was erasing everything panda and these 5 dll could not delete none of them would let me:
ICL_CFG.DLL, PAVLSP.DLL, PAVOLE.DLL, PAVTRC.DLL, STOREMAN.DLL

look if you know how erase these files, im stating to hate them lol

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Were you deleting them from the recycle bin, or moving them to the bin

Run disc clean up as well

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click dlete, confirm and reboot

Try again with the dll bits

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
i was puting them in the reycle bin, and none of these five dll let me erase them. i did erase the prefecth and rebooted and when i tried to erease the dll it still didnt let me erase them and also when i looked in prefecth there were 5 files example: ALG.EXE-0F138680.pf, what can i do?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

How do the dll files affect installing the other AV and firewall now

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I did everything that you said with tuneup 2006 and still i can erase nor i cant uninstall :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Two ways

Re-install Panda so it loads the uninstall, guess you won't want to run with that

Get move on boot

http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html

Advertisements

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
If i cant uninstall the panda i cant reinstall, i tried, what does move on boot do, what does it does, how do i use it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Move on boot will allow you to select a file then it will remove it when you reboot

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
i used move on boot and eliminated all the dlls and also all the panda fles and yet it doesnt let me uninstall it, i try and install another antivirus and it says uninstall panda and when i do it it doesnt do it, what do you advise?

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Keith i did it, i fixed it, i went to the panda support page and it said when everything was erase to erase the registries of panda in regedit, and i deleted everyone it told me and i finally could uninstall, thanks alot for you time and pacience did a good job, peace out

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That is useful to know

Thank You for telling me