Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

moved files now kinda corrupt?

• Please log in to reply

tuscan440

tuscan440

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
hey not too sure if this is the correct forum for this but recently i added an extra 80gb to my comp cos my primary drive was full, everything was fitted and installed fine and transfered music pictures and videos all fine, or so i thought. after transfering files i tested a few of songs to make sure they, most of them did work apart from some which either took AGES to start and then AGES again if you tried to stop it or change the poistion of the song or thye just froze the comp completely. anyway i re-installed windows on the original drive as it neede doing due to a shutting down problem but even the ive down numerous defrags and clean ups i cant understand why the media files that were moved form the original are sometimes corrupt, they. the computer doesnt freeze anymore now its had the re-install but the select files still take just as long to play stop or whatever.
the pictures are 100% fine but the videos which i must add are saved in the music folder because of the way i download them are also just as strange, some songs and videos play absolutely fine yet others totally slow the comp right down,i've also tried it in real player and itunes and they are botht the same. please shed some light on this???

athlon 3200+
1gb ram pc3200
radeon 9800pro
windows xp pro

Advertisements