Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless B router problem

• Please log in to reply

K092084

K092084

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a linksys befw11s4 wireless b router and the problem is that about at least once a day it would lose the configuration that i had given so i would have to go in and reconfigure it just about everyday. Does anyoen know what might cause this? I had this happen before with the same kind of router and took it back and got this one, but this one is doing the same thing. I have bought a wireless G, no problems there, but the wireless B router is just sitting there and want to fix it and sell it if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks

Advertisements

DXQ

DXQ

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I assume you have latest firmware.

I am not much help.

My BEFW11S4 does not lose it's configuration ... but it does randomly drop my PPOE link for no reason.

I have to reboot the thing to recover.

I am not too satisfied with these B type Linksys products.

K092084

K092084

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i had that lastest firmware, but i doubt it is anymore, since it has been a few months, but thought i would see if i could figure out the problem. I would call linksys tech support, but they don't know what they are doing, and just tell me to do things that i already know how to and have already done.