Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin Wireless Router problem

• Please log in to reply

ltk202

ltk202

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, this is my first topic, and I hope any of you can help me with this.

I recently purchased a Belkin Wireless Router F5D7230-4. I try to install with the "easy install wizard" and I get stuck at a point where it cannot establish a point with the router and the pc. I called customer service, and the only suggestion they gave me was to ask for another one, as this router may be defective. I really doubt it's defective (although I will try tomorrow to return it if I can't solve the problem tonight).

The only time I was close to getting it to work was when I typed in the IP address (168.192.xx.xx) and all that for use of a static ip. The only problem is that now I'm supposed to go to 168.192.2.1 on my browser, and it doesn't connect. It connected once, but however it won't connect again. I assume that once I can get to that page I can change the settings and hopefully make the router work.

Any suggestions or similar problems and answers?

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello ltk202 and welcome to Geeks to Go,

I need a little additional information to ascertain whether or not I will be able to assist you, in correcting your problem.

Please Answer the following questions:

1) What operating System's do you have on the PC's in question, Please include any Windows Updates or Patches (Example... XP SP1 or 2)?

2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless Adapter / Card currently Installed on your problematic PC?

3) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless Router you are using?-- YOU ALREADY ANSWERED THIS ONE DIDNT YOU
:tazz: Belkin Wireless Router F5D7230-4

4) Are you using the software that came with your wireless adapter to manage your connectivity to the router, or if using XP are you using the Wireless Zero Configuration (referred to as WZC)?

5) What IP Configuration are you using (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic) We know you have Tried Static, but is it DHCP or PPOE and have you also tried Automatic?

6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken already?