Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

1.7 xp athlon only works at 1.1

• Please log in to reply

xkon

xkon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello all, i've searched for an answer for this for quite some time now and im hoping someone here can assist me. I have a 1.7 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP processor but the pc only sees the processer at 1.1 gigahertz. this is my mother board info :
Bus Clock: 66 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 062710 07/15/97
Motherboard ID: 62-0914-001437-00101111-071595-SiS730S
Motherboard Name PCChips M810LR
What info do I need to provide so someone can help me out?
thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to help me with this.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Right off I can see that your bus clock is slow, if you can set it to 100mhz that should raise the processor speed by 50%. If you don't have the manual you can usually download it from the mobo maker's site, mostly in .pdf format.

xkon

xkon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the reply, I will try to raise the bus clock speed to 100mhz :tazz:

xkon

xkon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I found the manual but it does not explain on how to change the bus speed to 100 megahertz, and in the bios can't find an option for fsb speed. any help would be much appreciated. thanks again

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What you might have to do is set the bus speed to 133mhz and reduce the clock ratio. Is you memory pc133?

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Could you provide us with a link to the manual for that mobo (PChips M810LR), I was on the website but could not find that model.

Rick

xkon

xkon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi , once again thanks for all your help. This is the link to the manual for my mobo (PCChips M810LR). to answer Tyger question ,my memory is pc133. In the bios I was finally able to change the cpu speed form 1100 to 1700+, when I do this it changes the CPU frequency form 100 MHz to 133 MHz and the cup multipier stays at 11 x. this is a scan of the cpu info after the change of cup speed to 1700+.
CPU Properties:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP
CPU Stepping A5
CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon™ XP 1700+
CPUID Revision 00000662h

CPU Speed:
CPU Clock 1459.80 MHz
CPU Multiplier 11.0x
CPU FSB 132.71 MHz (original: 133 MHz)

How can I up the cpu speed to 1700 if I can't change the the bus speed to anything over 133 MHz or change the cup multiplier to anything over 11x.. thanks again

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Amds use intel equvalenvy rating speeds so 1 1700+ is equivalnt to a 1.7Ghz P4 processor, so you are running at the right speed, be happy youve fixed the problem.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
warriorscot is correct as usual your cpu is now running at the correct speed See here

scroll down to the 1700 its rated clock is 1467mhz yours is at 1459.80 and thats close enough.

Rick

xkon

xkon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for all your help :) you guys are the best :tazz: :)