Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dreamweaver 8

• Please log in to reply

latinman

latinman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just downloaded the dreamweaver and no clue how to build a web site. Everyone says its easy to build with that program, but I think otherwise.
Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hey there latinman,

Dreamweaver is relativly easy to use.
You have 2 ways to create... Theres code and design view.
If you know abit about html then working in code view is great as it can check for errors while you are working. And if not then try design view, this way you can see the content that your putting on the page as you work.

Also try clicking on Dreamweaver Site when your Dreamweaver first opens up. This will open up a wizard to help you set up your site before you begin.

In all honesty though... you are best to know a little about HTML as you will therefore be able to take more control over your pages.(this also give you a better idea as to how Dreamweaver works)
Personally, I use both Notepad and Dreamweaver to Design(Mostly Notepad). Take a look >>here<<, You will find some great tutorials for understanding and writing HTML.

If you'd like to add some DHTML & javascript to your pages to make them more interesting, then check out these sites:-
Dynamic Drive
The javascript source
Javascript Kit
The Java Boutique

If you'd like to add some flash (.swf) for buttons, animation, movies etc...
Heres a basic example of the code:-
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="600" height="350">
  <param name="movie" value="your flash.swf">
  <param name="quality" value="high">
  <embed src="your flash.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed>
</object>
You can set the width="600" and height="350" to the size that you want the .swf to appear at.
value="your flash.swf" is where you enter the name of your .swf file
Make sure that you enter this code in between the <BODY></BODY> tags in your HTML.

Now I hope this isnt too much to absorb in the begining, but it's kinda where I started :tazz: .
Just take some time to do a bit of reading.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
just out of curiosity, where did you download dreamweaver from?
Thanks in advance.
-rmurphy

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
here's a good start

http://www.kirupa.com/web/dw.htm

latinman

latinman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

just out of curiosity, where did you download dreamweaver from?
Thanks in advance.
-rmurphy

from the dreamweaver site...just look for trial version.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Im a member @ kipupa!

Its great!

And, dreamweaver is very easy to use.

You build your web page in the design view, and then to insert features you click insert then what you want to insert!

You can also get toolbars for dreamweaver aswell!

Check out the dreamweaver developers section...

http://www.macromedi...et/dreamweaver/

:tazz: