Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lap top just bleeps

• Please log in to reply

clarkie01

clarkie01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i posted this a while ago but still got the same problem when i press the start button i get a blank screen with just bleeps it is 8 bleeps pause 8 bleeps pause all the time fan starts hard drive starts power on light is on the lap top is a Hi-grade Notino 3600s :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
8 Beeps, assuming AMI Bios, basically means the video (graphics) is shot. May not be repairable.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is your laptop still under warranty?

clarkie01

clarkie01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No the lap top is not in warrenty anymore ! if the video (graphics) are shot can you replace it and how much do they usualy cost sorry im new to all this

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
generally...laptop video cards...are b uilt into the motherboard...so you would have to replace the whole board...if it's not on board..i woudln't think that a laptop video card would be the cheapest thing in the world..but cheaper than a new machine