Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't see what I've compiled. >_>

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Alright, I'm using Dev-C++ and I just put in this code

// my first program in C++

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}

When I compile and run it, everything is fine, but it does not show it to me. It compiles it, a DOS window pops up and closes immiedetly after, and I can not see it.

Help? o.O

Hmm, think I found the problem, now I need to find the soloution. I went into compile log and found this.

Compiler: Default compiler
Compiler: Default compiler
Executing g++.exe...
g++.exe "H:\programs\Untitled1.cpp" -o "H:\programs\Untitled1.exe" -g3 -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include" -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib" -g3
Execution terminated
Compilation successful

Ok, the dos stays open now and that is what my program is in, how do I get it to stay up now and not auto-exit.

Edited by nick_mi, 17 November 2005 - 10:55 AM.

Advertisements

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
you need to pause after it prints it out, because as you have it, once it outputs it, it registers the program as complete, so it automatically exits out, faster than you can see.

And i see you've found another forum to troll, how wonderful

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
change
return 0;
to
return 1;

The return 0; makes the dos window close after it is compiled. return 1; makes it soyou have user input to close the window (ie hitting return)

Swandog46

Swandog46

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • MVP
Or just use

#include <stdlib.h>

system("PAUSE");

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

And i see you've found another forum to troll, how wonderful

Care to elaborate?

Edited by admin, 17 November 2005 - 02:13 PM.

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts

Care to elaborate?

nick_mi followed me here from another forum (non-tech related) where I moderate. He got banned for flaming, spamming, and just being a general nuisance. He then EVADED that ban and decided to take his revenge by posting disgusting (goatse, tubgirl, harlequin baby) pictures, as well as viral links on about 10 spoof accounts.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You better be on your best behavior nick_mi. We won't tolerate any of that behavior here.

DeathOutdone

DeathOutdone

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
You mean you are actually going to let him stay after all of that he did on another site? Boy, nick, you should be grateful for that! Pretty generous of you admin.

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
DeathOutdone

You mean you are actually going to let him stay after all of that he did on another site? Boy, nick, you should be grateful for that! Pretty generous of you admin.

I would think that you would have better things to do with your time other than posting about how Blair chooses to allow or not allow users to use this forum. GeekU ring any bells????.... :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

A good rule of thumb is to not question what us Admins decide to do :tazz: Everyone gets a chance here. If they screw it up, they're history. Nick is being watched, so Im sure he'll behave.

Advertisements

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
There are many more circumstances that Avo failed to mention. Also, I stopped that and the Admin there has let me make another account and keep it, and I do not intend to do anything of the sort here because you guys are helpfull and you are fair moderators, while at this other forum the moderators are extremely immature, and another forum was made because of the moderators, and that forum has become as populear as the original site due to the so called "[bleep]"-ness of the moderators there.

I have nothing but :tazz: :) for this forum. :)

Edit, and thanks for the help guys.

Edited by nick_mi, 19 November 2005 - 12:03 PM.

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts

There are many more circumstances that Avo failed to mention. Also, I stopped that and the Admin there has let me make another account and keep it, and I do not intend to do anything of the sort here because you guys are helpfull and you are fair moderators, while at this other forum the moderators are extremely immature, and another forum was made because of the moderators, and that forum has become as populear as the original site due to the so called "[bleep]"-ness of the moderators there.

I have nothing but :tazz: :) for this forum. :)

Edit, and thanks for the help guys.

there were no "circumstances" nick, and the moderating team was more than fair. Regardless of whatever you believe happened, there was absolutely no excuse for posting horrible and distgusting links, as well as links that could have infected people with viruses, people who were not the mods and admins you believe so wronged you. Your actions speak for themselves, its not the moderators who were immature. I specifically asked you not to go on your childish little revenge campaign, as I was helping you fix your computer. You agreed, and the moment I finished helping you, you did it anyway. You are not worthwile as a forum-goer, and you are not worthwhile as a member of this community. Make as many protestations as you want, they are ultimately hollow, and I will do everything in my power here to make sure that you're on the recieving end of a ban if you do anything. I dont care if its a misspelled topic title. GeeksToGo would be a better place without you.

I never held a particular dislike for you before, but after stabbing me in the back by going on your campaign after I helped you, you made it personal for me. I helped you out of my own personal sense of altruism, and you abused that. Even beyond the inexcusable little temper tantrum you threw, that was what really put you beyond redemption. Post here if you will, I'm watching.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
As for the perosnal thing, I never did agree. I remember saying I can't promise anything, because you almost did prevent me, the thing that made me finally do it was when they started closing EVERYTHING, and people who heard about it, started coming and telling me to do it(telefragged, sorc.polgara, spermy, etc), so then I did it. I did it because I was unjustifidly banned. I was suspended because of "spamming" by the person who has the 2nd highest posts per day on the ENTIRE forums.

When I made new accounts to try and contact digi, and tell him that I was wronged, and that even though all of my posts were constructive or related to the topic, but instead Digi just ignored it and ended up banning me. Thus I did something immature, and when I look back on it, I probably would not of done it, but in turn it sprouted dotaforums, so I'm not that mad at the decision.

And to be honest, I still hold no grudge against you, while I still think Loki and Kaye- are worthless, I never really have anything against you, nor do I bash you when convo about the [bleep] mods at TWC come up. =/

Edited by nick_mi, 19 November 2005 - 01:12 PM.

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
thats fine, I hold a grudge against you. By the way, for anyone who happens to be reading along here, his depiction of the events that occured hold only the vaguest resemblance to what actually happened. He neglected to mention his month-long campaign of replying to every topic on the forums with "lol", regardless of whether or not it was funny. He neglected his flaming of other members, his constant disrespect to the forum leadership... I could go on, but thats the general idea. When it became clear he didn't care about warnings (he said so, on several occasions) there was nothing left to do but a suspension. He decided to evade the suspension, rather than dealing with it and letting it be the censure it was supposed to do. THAT resulted in his ban.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

He neglected to mention his month-long campaign of replying to every topic on the forums with "lol", regardless of whether or not it was funny.

o.O??
That was not me, because I don't even have a clue as to what you're talking about. >_>

He neglected his flaming of other members, his constant disrespect to the forum leadership...

People Flamed much more and much harsher then me. I always bleeped out my swear words, etc. As for the forum leadership. . . I think the number of people that boycotted the TWC and started going to dotaforums shows just how much respect the forum "leadership" held.

When it became clear he didn't care about warnings (he said so, on several occasions) there was nothing left to do but a suspension

And I didn't, he suspended me when I had a 30% warn, a 30% warn . . . .And for what he suspended me was hypocritical to say the least.

He decided to evade the suspension, rather than dealing with it and letting it be the censure it was supposed to do.

I avoided it TO deal with it. Not allowing suspeneded users to be able to PM, much less PM the admin/mods seems like a bad idea to me anyways.

And, after I finally sorted it out with digi like 3-4 weeks later, he agreed and let me keep my current account.