Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Kernel data inpage error

• Please log in to reply

Joglekar

Joglekar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am getting this problem often. Typically the computer starts making noice (like someting is stuck: khat khat khat or like tick-tick of a watch) and then appears a blue screen with messgae

kernel stack inpage error

or

kernel data inpage error

often following error numbers are displayed:

OxC000000E
OxC0000000
OxO31BC000

Is this a hard ware or software problem? Is there any solution for this. The OS is XP with service pack II on an Aspire 1200 laptop (3and 1/2 ye old)

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like your hard drive is failing. Look in your event viewer logs for any errors related to hard drive failure. Or go to the drive or computer makers website and download and run diagnostic software to a floppy to check the drive. If it is confirmed, back up any important files immediately and get another hard drive. If you're lucky you may be able to copy the image of your old drive onto the new one. Don't stress the drive any more than you have to. Us another machine if you have one, till you can get that one fixed. Failing drives may go at any time.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
all my research points to a hard drive failure...

open my computer and right click on the drive, do properties, then tools then check now...it will probably ask you to reboot...let it go through the routine...it usually takes around an hour...

Joglekar

Joglekar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks a lot.

Just one more question, how to do a chkdsk (check disk) for a FAT file system? Pardon me if there is something wrong with this query, but do the FAT system require some different command format to do dick check?

thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
no it shouldnt