Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to install some downloaded programs

• Please log in to reply

edhalfdead

edhalfdead

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Here is my post from 11/13: http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=78557
I know this group is very busy by the amount of posts that came after mine. It seems my hjt log is rather small compaired to others and maybe that is why no reply. If possible, please let me know if this is part of the problem. I also tried to download apple quicktime 2 days ago and I get the sae problem. Thanks for any help you can provide...ed
p.s. I seem to have no problem with programs that do not deal directly with the internet.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.kbalertz....124120121120120

check the sections here where it gives the steps to repair or reinstall the windows installer service

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Moved to malware forum.

edhalfdead

edhalfdead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Thanks for the quick response. I went to the site and tried everything that they had written but still no luck. I went back to the adobe site and am going to try one other thing that I had found last night about having another computer download and install it and then have that burned and try the install that way. I will post back with the results...ed

edhalfdead

edhalfdead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
dsenette,
Sorry took so long to post back. Tried to get a burned adobe from my roommate but got a overrun error, or no usable item on disk, cannot open program, etc...
Finally bounced my head off the screen enough to realize that I had locked myself out of my own system by only enabling myself on most every system or device on my laptop. I reconfigured it to allow everyone permission and things seem to be working alot better.
:) Just goes to show that the computer is only as good as the programmer :tazz:
Thanks for the help...ed