Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Freeze Problem

• Please log in to reply

dudedude

dudedude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I am running Windows XP PRO 2002 Version
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz
512 MB of Ram
RADEON 9200 SE 128MB Video Card
I was recentely running call of duty 2 on Windows XP Home Edition, but I got a hijack and the only copy I could get was Windows XP Pro. So I installed it. Now when I go into call of duty 2 it loads up fine, I get a little way into the game, then it just freezes. I hit ctrl-alt-delete and it takes me back to the desktop then I hear the sounds. I go back into the game and it freezes for a second again then starts up and freezes. Ive tried reinstalling it, checking video drivers, changing settings but nothing seems to work. The game was working perfectly before, but now it does not.

Has anyone else has this similar probelm and know what to do??

Thank you,
Chris

Advertisements

breakz

breakz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a similar problem, but mine wont even let me past the "enter your player name" page! just crashes the whole computer and I have to reboot. no idea why, I have pentium 4 3.0gb processor, and ATI radeon 9800 grahics card with latest driver (catalyst v5.11), done lots of diagnostics and everything checks out. Help! :tazz: :)

csboy1

csboy1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I have a similar problem, but mine wont even let me past the "enter your player name" page! just crashes the whole computer and I have to reboot. no idea why, I have pentium 4 3.0gb processor, and ATI radeon 9800 grahics card with latest driver (catalyst v5.11), done lots of diagnostics and everything checks out. Help! :tazz: :)

Same here. I just purchased COD 2 and mine loads and i can play..... but [bleep]. its so laggy. Then after 2 min my computer freezes