Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp runs slow

• Please log in to reply

camgold

camgold

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hp laptop running way to slow. I am the biggest computer illiterate person in Texas, I have been loading and using this laptop more than ever so I may have loaded some thing that didnt agree with it Please Help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up then disc defragmenter

jmf1775

jmf1775

• Pip
  • 6 posts
After cleaning up the Hard Drive I'd run several checks for spyware and adware using free programs like Spybot and Adaware. I'd assuming you have also installed all security updates from microsoft - if not download those as well. Lasty, go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and uninstall any programs that you no longer need or use.