Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing .EPS file icons in XP

• Please log in to reply

nyspy

nyspy

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm missing the .EPS file icon for Illustrator CS in XP SP2- it only shows the default Win icon. When I click an EPS file, Illustrator opens. All other icons are ok. Any ideas?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Open any explorer window, go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS, FILE TYPES tab. Find EPS in list. Click ADVANCED, click CHANGE ICON....I am not sure which EPS icon you want, but I believe they are stored in the Illustrator executable file, so navigate to there

nyspy

nyspy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
When I try that, it keeps showing me the Illustrator icon- but it never takes. I'm beginning to think that uninstalling and then reinstalling Illustrator may be the only way.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that would not be a bad choice...it almost suggest something deeper. If that does not work, write back.