Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows background problem!

• Please log in to reply

Lilin

Lilin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay i dont know if this is a silly problem but if you can help me thats great! okay lemme just give u pics that explain it all..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:tazz: :) :) :woot: :woot:
Please help. :woot:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Lilin! Welcome to G2G!

I found a fix for this problem. What I need you to do is down this file (Right click and choose SAVE AS or SAVE TARGET AS). Save it somewhere where you will remember where it is, like MY DOCUMENTS. Once it's downloaded, go to the folder where you saved it and doubte click it. Select yes to the question about whether you really want to merge this file with your registry. Then reboot your computer and try to change the background.

Post back how things are going.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 17 November 2005 - 08:32 PM.

s26

s26

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Er I have a similar problem so hopefully the same fix might work,
I can change everything like the screen saver, theme and what not but it won't change the desktop background image. A list appears of all the available pictures I just can't click on any of them.
:tazz:

Lilin

Lilin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay it didnt work, its okay if you cant solve this problem, but the file u got me to download are little light blue cubes right? and when u mean reboot u mean restart?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
in the future, please start your own thread

http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm

Line 142, right column, download and double click to merge into teh registry that file

Lilin

Lilin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
okay i tried everything out but it dont work, i merge it i click yes, then okay, then i restarted and it still wont work.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Lilin...

Please download HiJackThis, install it, run it, save a log, and then attach the log to this thread using the "Browse" and "Add This Attachment" buttons below the reply box.

wannabe1

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Lilin...

Also try This Fix and let me know if it helps.

wannabe1

Lilin

Lilin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
OMG!!!!!! THANK U SO SO SO SO VERY MUCH! :woot: :woot: :woot: WOW! i dotn know how to thank u.. u ppl are the best!!!!!!!!!! :) :tazz: :)

Edited by Lilin, 19 November 2005 - 10:32 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Lilin...

You have a pretty nasty infection going on in your machine...

Let's let the malware experts deal with this one.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

Lilin

Lilin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeah i can tell now, i did some research myself, im not that dumb but i thought that the programs i have will get them out, thanks :tazz: :)