Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just want some advice from you guys!

• Please log in to reply

Blueyz0114

Blueyz0114

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] ;) You guys have helped me on a few problems I've had and I know how smart you all are and would really appreciate your advise. I am going to purchase new laptop and I am considering a celeron processor. Can you guys tell me (in simple terms please) :thumbsup: .... the difference in the pentium and celeron processors besides the price. I surf the web, play a few games (like on the Slingo site) and read E-mail mostly. Any advise? Keep up the good work.....Thank you SOOO much.
:tazz: You are the Best!!
Sandra

Advertisements

bLuE_oMeGa

bLuE_oMeGa

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,

follow this link and learn all about it :thumbsup:

;) http://computer.hows...question268.htm

Everything is explained very well and in easy lingo.

The main difference lies in the Cache memory. Celeron processors have about half the amount of cache then the regular pentium ones. This can influence the performance of you pc. I think you can go for a celeron processor, no problem.

cheers :tazz:

Blueyz0114

Blueyz0114

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
;) Thank you soooo much for your time. I will read the link. Have a nice day. :tazz:

bLuE_oMeGa

bLuE_oMeGa

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
no problem, glad to be of service ;) hope the link helps :tazz:

grz
bLuE_oMeGa

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
For web surfing, email, and using Office applications a Celeron will perform just fine. :tazz:

If you play modern 3D games, encode audio/video, or often multi-task (run more than one program) the Pentium will perform better.