Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sick of the Red X problem

• Please log in to reply

pj1959us

pj1959us

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have tried various solutions to this and am getting nowhere fast. :tazz:

This doesn't happen all the time, but on IE 6 sp 2 some pictures and/or videos won't load, I just see the Red X. I have tried adjusting Java settings, but to no avail. When I was working from home, I downloaded some programs and see that I have two Javas, but am not sure this is causing the problem. After matching the 1.5.0 program settings, I then unchecked using the 1.5.0 under the Internet options to begin using the other 1.3.1 program (that I probably had before). I followed the suggestions to match the automatic configuration script shown to the Java by adding the address there.

I added that configuration due to work, but I tried using the 'automatically detect settings' also, but it doesn't work either. Should I be using the automatically detect settings since I no longer have my office programs on my computer? Nothing I do seems to work.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do now? Should I remove one of the Java programs, or is there something else that I should be checking or changing? :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You'll see the red X when a picture that the browser wants to load doesn't exist where the browser wants it to be. Not a lot you can do in that situation.

Can you post some links to sites that display lots of red X's?