Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spy/ad-ware deletion

• Please log in to reply

bLuE_oMeGa

bLuE_oMeGa

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
If you've got problems with spyware and/or ad-ware ... Forget about using ad-aware, spybot S&D, spysweeper, ...

A new utility has been put on the net called hitmanpro. It's freeware and runs fully automatically.

The utility combines ad-aware, spysweeper, spybot S&D, spywareBlaster and McAfee Stinger.

How to use the program?

Well, just go to the website and click on the link "download hitman pro 1.7.5". The download will start automatically. Simply install the program and run it.

How does it work?

When you start the program (you have to have an active internet connection), it will start off by searching updates, upgrades or new installation files for the 5 utilities. This way, you're sure to be working with all latest versions of the programs. Hitman Pro will automatically download, install, set up and run the utilities one by one. Afterwards, the utilities are removed again to gain free space on your drive.

When Hitman Pro has finished cleaning up your pc, you'll get a notice.

Cut the crap already ;) where can I find this incredible program?

simply follow the link

http://www.hitmanpro.nl

(the site's in Dutch, but I'd be glad to help you guys 'n gals work walk through it)

Good luck .. Any questions? Let me know :tazz:

grz

bLuE_oMeGa

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

If you've got problems with spyware and/or ad-ware ... Forget about using ad-aware, spybot S&D, spysweeper, ...

Actually, HitManPro is just a wrapper that installs these programs. :tazz:

HitMan let's you download, update, and install the most popular free anti-spyware programs in one click. It is an interesting concept. I wonder if they have permission from all the authors to repackage and distribute their software? Also at almost 19mb it's too large for modem users.