Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Attack

• Please log in to reply

maybaycao

maybaycao

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi. I'm a somewhat computer illiterate. I only know the basics and nother more. Recently my Yahoo DSL connection has been acting up. My Lavasoft Firewall tells me that it's an Ethernet Attack.

Ethernet Attack
Attacker's MAC: ..................
Attacker's IP: ..................

It keeps disconnecting me every 10 minutes and i have to keep pressing the button on my router and repair my IP address. It's getting really annoying and i need major help.

PLZ AND THANK YOU.

(nevermind) 8-)

Edited by maybaycao, 18 November 2005 - 08:42 PM.

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
do you have a router? I think windows only assigns the 192 range to yourself. so if you have a router that's probably yourself, or another pc that's connected to your router.

if its really you then i'd get rid of lavasoft firewall because its a bit useless. unless you've been hijacked by something that's trying to attack yourself.

oh yeah.. you did mention you have a router, silly me. connect to the router by typing its ip address in the url bar of your browser. pull up the ip address assignment page, figure out which pc it is, then take a trip to the malware forum because I think you have stuff that's trying to hijack yourself.

Edited by Thef0rce, 18 November 2005 - 10:35 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that ip is probably your router's ip...which suggests that if you are being attacked..that it's coming from your router....which could mean that either someone is coming through the router...or is just sending packets to your router and coming to you.....if your router has any form of firewall functionality...you could check it's logs