Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ISS permissions webdav

• Please log in to reply

cyberoape

cyberoape

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a folder that I want to share. I did enable webdav. But I don't get my permissions right. The default view (browsing) to my folder, I want only the read permission. But when I logged with my webdav I want full control. I have tried to edit the web.config file, but it seems not to work.
Is is possible to sepperate the permissions for default viewing en webdav?

Advertisements

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
not sure about what os are you using if it is win 2k or 2003 server maybe this link helps you to find out what is the problem.
http://www.windowsne...WebDAV-IIS.html

machine.config :master configurations file that control asp.net's operations on the computer.
web.config: configurations about the specific asp.net application setting, every asp.net appl. has their own web.config file.
so if you are working with permitions of iis you have to check out machine.config file permitions
path is
c:\winnt\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.0.3705\CONFIG\machine.config it is an xml file and any changes is made in this file needs to be rebooted the machine.

Note : if you have some configirations in your web.config file and same in machine.config overrode the machine.config file...file can mark a element with th allowOverride="false" attribute. this case more specific configuration file cannot override this setting.

and there is a another resource:
http://labmice.techt...IS5/install.htm

take care
BuRnEr