Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

background agaist odds

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
:tazz: :) :)
My college have safegaurds inplace to prevent people having custom backgrounds, on the start program there is a "user control pannel" but you can only chose backgrounds from a list

Paint will not allow you to make something a background
I.E will not allow you to right click a image and select as a background, it will change to the image you want for a split sec but then turns back to your last selected pic from "thier" chosen list

When you click on my computer there is no drive C avalible for students,only access to floppy disk drives and a server where student work is kept. You cant go into tools>options either to effect hidden files

is there anyway arround this, i dont want bad pics of anything i just want a buffy or angel pic cos im mad bout em :P

So does anyone know how to get it to give me a background i want
:woot: :woot: :woot:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Basically, there is no simple way round this at all. There may not even be a complex way round it either, besides which, I will not condone the 'hacking' of system files on a college computer. Sorry to be of so little help, but I think you will just have to put up with the boring old backgrounds that the college have provided.

Your only possible solution may be to approach the college's systems administrator & ask very nicely. I don't fancy your chances though!