Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse trouble

• Please log in to reply

Roger77

Roger77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[b][color=#FF0000]

Right after my system boots and the hourglass stops, my mouse freezes 5 to 15 seconds afterwards. I've reloaded operating system, replaced memory, confirmed BIOS settings,etc. Mucho frustrated. :tazz:

Advertisements

kramerd1506

kramerd1506

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
If your mouse has batteries, check those first.

If it is a wireless mouse, check the location of your receiving antenna, it should be close, preferably within line of sight to the mouse.

If your mouse is wired, check your USB hub if you are using one, try a different USB port, or test other USB devices on the USB ports or on the hub to make sure they are operating okay.

Passing all those tests, I suggest that you may have a driver problem or an IRQ conflict with another device or piece of software. You might try and find some software which identifies conflicts on your PC.

Also, if you have a different mouse, that would use a different driver, try that. If your problem goes away then it was a driver issue.

That should give you enough to chew on.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
just a little more digging to add to kramer's questions

is it a ps/2 mouse or usb?

is it a special function mouse? (more than just 2 buttons and a scroll weel)
if so did you install the drivers from the disk that came with it?
if so have you tried to update these drivers?