Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rootkit revealer help request

• Please log in to reply

gilbates2

gilbates2

• Pip
  • 6 posts
well this is totaly new to me , until an hour ago i did not no of its existence , but after reading from the rootkitrevealer web site and running rootkit revealer i now find i have 27 discrepancys

i do not no if any of these are malware / trojans as finding out is extremely difficult , tbh understanding the concept is beyond me , what i do no is that this forum may be the only place to help solve any issues

running the normal virus malware hijack this software seems to be useless , for all intense purposes my machine is clean .....UNTIL rootkitrevealer started to run , i left my machine for a short time but when i returned Trend 2005 had detected 4 viruses in system restore , these files where not detected today when a full scan was used automaticaly , it seems rootkitrevealer had triggered them or at lease made them visible to Trend

as i have said , i dont fully understand any of this , please can someone comment on rootkitrevealer and advise on a course of action that can be undertacken with my 27 discrepancys found in the registry

the only other aspect of this i do understand is that allegedly sony records is responsible for adding this malware type threat to a vast amount of its cd`s ....of which i dont even put in my machine , i`m not a big fan of pc music

i`m confused and concerned

Advertisements