Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Voice functionality in XP w/HCF modem

• Please log in to reply

dreamking11

dreamking11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all,
I have been all over trying to resolve this. Evidently it's a known issue with XP that can be resolved according to some posts I've seen. (forums.modemhelp.ne*/viewtopic.php?t=3888)

By the FCC code I've determined the modem is an Askey. - based on the (LAME) Rockwell/Conexant chipset that we all know and love lol.
The updated driver on their site does not restore the voice functionality.
Does anyone know if there is another driver that I could use or an INF file?
I've tried using the Conexant driver that comes with Win, it's the only one listed that has voice functionality. Also I tried the Rockwell in the post mentioned above...
Any ideas?
Thanx!

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G dreamking11

This is a fairly common problem with HCF modems & XP, as you probably know.
Try the link below, it contains some drivers especially written for these modems to provide full functionality. Try the HxF Booster utility thats available there as well.

http://www.modemsite...6k/premiumc.asp

Let us know how you get on

dreamking11

dreamking11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I've tried that one I should have mentioned that.
I would like to be able to play a message to callers such as 'your call may be monitored...' any other ideas for that?
It's actually gotten worse since I posted, Win would just keep restarting after'found new hardware' & now I finally have an exclamation point without restarts. Hardware wizard cannot comploete because it cannot find the necessary software no matter which driver I try all of a sudden hmmm.
Silly question but when configured properly will the sound simply be heard on the phone or do I need to use special software? I have it connected via a cable to the sound card...
Thanx!