Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application Loading Order

• Please log in to reply

Blacklion213

Blacklion213

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Is there a way of assigning application loading order on my computer at boot up?

Windows XP Pro (OEM) SP2.

Thank you.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
seen a few programs that will do it, but none free

Here's one:

http://www.greatis.c...tartuporder.htm

What are you trying to achiever (what programs?)

Perhaps a script file might be more appropriate

Blacklion213

Blacklion213

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Since installing Spy Sweeper and EWIDO, McAfee Virus Scan and Personal Firewall Plus do not load according to the White 'M' with red/black background. By double clicking the icon in the tray it opens McAfee Security Center and I can enable the applications. Problem is I have my tray set to 'always hide' all icons except my CPU usage app. So, if I don't check the McAfee icon before I go on the Web these two applications may be disabled. I have caught myself on the Web a few times without McAFee Virus Scan enabled. So, I am thinking that loading the McAfee stuff first it might fix the problem. One big flaw there is I am not sure what is disabling the McAfee stuff.

Thank you.

Blacklion213